Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Herbs!



I love love LOVE to use fresh herbs when I cook. I think it makes everything taste fresher and more delicious! However, whenever I buy herbs from the grocery store they usually come in those little plastic bags and I only use a little bit of them and then the rest goes bad in my refrigerator. And they're pretty expensive! So now I'm trying something new and going to grow my own little herb pots. So far I have 5-Mint, Chives, Basil, Parsley, and Cilantro. I still want to get some Thyme and Rosemary. Oh and I also have an aloe plant that I inherited from one of my guy friends...Aloe is great for kitchen burns, or sunburns! When I was growing up my mom always had an aloe plant and she would break off the tip of one whenever we burned ourselves. Does anyone know of anything special I should do for the aloe plant or the herbs?

No comments:

Post a Comment